Friday 2 January 2009

Crossing Over...

... 2008 to 2009...

The end of the year and the beginning of every new year is a time when most people reflect on their life and come up with new goals to achieve.
[Disclaimer: I'm so not into making new year resolutions because I think if you want to change something about your life, do it right than and there - why wait for the new year to come up with a fancy list which within a couple of months (in most cases - especially mine!) gets lost in the pile of junk stashed under the bed?]

But reflections, that's another thing all together. I do it all the time, just that, at this time of the year it's at a bigger scale. And my little list goes like this, [Another disclaimer: I didn't copy Lilo's idea, we're just The Great Minds] in no particular order....


  • Exchanged my old, scratched RM20 Vincci shades for my new RM200 Pepe Jeans shades
  • Traveled to 3 continents and more countries in a year that I could possibly imagine
  • Got myself jabbed 3 times with the HPV Vaccine (I hate needles!!)
  • Had some nasty fights with family members... but learnt that blood is thicker than water
  • Made some pretty amazing new friends from different parts of the world
  • Ate barbequed cow udder and curried warthog
  • Got engaged ( luuurrrrvvvvveee my ring!)
  • Went to a Wedding Fair
  • Increased my alcohol tolerence level (*cheeky evil laugh*)
  • Got all inspired with Malaysian politics up to March 8, after that got disappointed
  • Experienced Tropical Storm Gustav (before it became Cat 4 Hurricane Gustav)
  • Attended the most romantic wedding of the year (P&V) ...aaawwwww....
  • Got promoted at work
  • Had my first proper Christmas
  • Joined gym and started doing facials, manicure and pedicure regularly
  • Drove on the right side of the road
  • Cut my hair really short
  • Didn't get a flat tire or had my car breakdown
  • etc, etc
  • bla...bla...

Hmm... 2008 wasn't so bad after all =)

-Anya-

No comments: