Tuesday 20 January 2009

Down the memory lane..

/* Contradictory to my belief on men are made in hell, somehow I am always enthralled to them. (ppttttuuuiikkk :p) Thus, I have a list of them who have played a significant role in my life. And I am not talking about my lovers, they could be just anyone; Even the guy who sat next to me in my class. What I thought of doing is to compile a story of all these guys that I can never forget after these many years, and those I am sure I will not forget in the coming years. Although these stories are extremely stupid, foolish and very embarrassing, what the heck la? Im just going to write it anyway! */

There was this one guy named N in my primary school. We were in the same class in standard one. I was the class monitor and he was my assistant. And it remained the same the years after. I used to get number 1 or the highest scores in my exams without fail and he always became number 2. He was always jealous of me and trying to out do me. Despite that we got along pretty well. (We were kids, for god damn sake!)

So we were quite good friends until when we were in standard three. I was 9 years old then. There was this one day, my class teacher was absent. So we were practically very free the whole day and were playing and talking nonsense. While talking, he mentioned something that caught everyone’s attention. He turned to me and said, “I have something very important to tell you, but I would only do so, on the last day of primary school, 3 years from now”. I was like WTF? (Of course literally not WTF at that time, but the reaction was along that line la) and that made everyone very curious, everyone started interrogating him. That was the talk for the whole day and everyone came up with some beautiful assumptions and conclusions. After refusing for a very long time, he finally gave up and decided to tell them.

All he did was, he showed a heart sign drew by some kids on the wall and wrote my name next to it. (hahahahahaha, I’m so laughing now!) But 18 years ago, I cried and cried and cried hearing the news. Don’t ask me why. I was just a kid and it freaked me out. I obviously over reacted and I refused to speak to him since then. And I did. The next day, he was punished by my class teacher, yet I didn’t speak to him since then.

For almost another 2 years. When I was in standard 5, another teacher found out about it and counseled that we shouldn’t behave this way. Then at least, I was more sensible and talked to him forcedly now and then.

Then I was the head prefect of the school and he became my assistant. Again. We competed with each other until the last day of school. In the final major examination of primary, he got one ‘A’ less than me and I haven’t met him since then.

Been 18 years now. And coincidentally, I just remembered it’s his birthday today. (Poor guy, I made his life a living hell, he tried so hard, but luck was never on his side; even his birthday falls exactly one week after mine)

By: ‘lilo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is my type of story that I like. Girly and lovely haha. Ah anyways anyways, go talk to him. Who knows he has turned into this very charming guy like one of the conference speakers? :P

I know you have boyfie but who give a damn. Just talk ONLY what :)))