Friday 16 January 2009

Over now...

The day I was freaking out about is all over now.. After ooh-aah'ing about it so much, I better tell you all what actually happened on my bday..

The day or maybe the night, started of with having a great dinner with Anya, its been ages since we last catched up. So it was all fun! Then at midnight, followed by the screams of my bf wishing me happy birthday over the phone, although I was already fast asleep in my own la-la land.. and the morning followed by lots and lots of wishes from friends and family.. Although I was overwhelmed by wishes, I must say I was quite taken aback by the attitude of my colleagues.. (Btw, this is my 1st bday in this stupid fucked up Sdn Bhd office :p)

I work in a tiny company now with less than 20 staffs.. although, I came here with the hopes that small company would mean less politics, people would be friendlier etc, I have been proved wrong many times now in the one year I have spent working here.. I was so amazed by the attitude of the people, who would (or had to) sign the bday card that was passed around the office, but not look up at my face and say "Happy Birthday!".. even the one who sits right next to me.. Not that I'm dying to be wished by them or what so ever, but I can't deny that I did not stop to wonder..

Maybe because in my previous company, birthdays were always fun. You get hugs, wishes, presents; you cut cakes, you have special bday lunches, etc… so there seems to be a huge difference now...)
So the rest of the day was crappy. Plus I had to deal with some nuisance called directors in my company. Who have lot of power and unfortunately no brains.

Luckily, my crappy day turned sweet not long after. My bf planned a suprise party for me that night. Although, he started acting weird and made me suspicious, but I was indeed surprised by all the people who turned up for the party. They were all my ex-colleagues, who are (almost) all working else where now, at every part of the state. And even one who lives as far as Seremban. Of course, the biggest surprise of all was, Ms. Margie now known as Nemo ;) I must say, I was deeply touched and all impressed by the very sweet friends I have. So the night was simple, sweet and fun!

There goes my birthday. The day I was born 27 years ago. I still wonder if my “birth” is worth celebrating? Haha..


By: 'Lilo

No comments: