Monday 19 January 2009

Not so far from home...

Anya reporting from Jakarta, Indonesia! It feels so good to only have an hour time difference with KL and no jetlag=)

/*Before I go on, Nemo I just want to say - Way to go gal! This is your year! If anyone dares to say otherwise, middle finger to them! So there! And Lilo, sorry again for missing your b'day party =( But glad you had a blast!*/

Ok, back to the present... it's been Stressss...overdose of local food (seriously, I think they even localize the Starbucks flavours).... and not a single overweight person in sight!

Although I'm starting to miss Malaysian food already (I've been thinking of the claypot chicken rice with salted fish at Equine Park since this morning - pathetic or just being Malaysian?), there's this stall near the hotel that sells the most delicious barbequed chicken I've ever tasted! They serve the chicken hot, right off the barbeque grill, with basil leaves and yummylicious spicy sambal belacan. I had it for dinner twice in a row =) So Lilo, I may be keeping up with my gym schedule, but my input and output is about the same... hehe...

Speaking about food, I have no idea how the locals stay slim with the amount of meat and rice they eat. Rice and meat for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner...everyday...I wonder what they're doing right that we're not. If you think I'm exagerating, check out this picture I took a few days ago at a company dinner here.


Forgive the bad photo taking skills though!

That was taken at an event to launch a Going Green campaign and theme was "Superheros". So people came dressed up in superhero suits and it was one of the rare times in my life that I was checking out the girls more than the guys. Who wouldn't if Catwoman, Wonderwoman and Sailormoon were in the same room?

Another thing I discovered here that I'm definitely not going to find in Malaysia, are the spas. They're incredibly cheap! A 2 hour spa session (Aromatherapy massage, scrub and sauna) costs about RM50. Back home, that would easily cost at least 5 times more. And the best part about it is, there's one just right next to the hotel.

So Lilo and Nemo, if either of you wants to join me here... do I need to say more? =)
-Anya-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tempting babe, tempting.. ;)

-N.e.m.o