Monday 17 March 2008

My thoughts on Love...

Just to add on to Lilo’s thoughts on Love… What is love? It’s a word we use so freely now, more than ever.
“I love McDonalds. I love my family. I love reading. I love traveling. I love coffee. I love American Idol. I love my boyfriend. I love dogs. I love weekends. I love beaches. I love you.”
There’s so many definitions to love. It ranges from something that brings a little pleasure to something you can’t imagine living without. Almost everyone has their own definition for love. My definition may be different than yours but I think it’s because each of us understands love differently. I think when we find someone who loves us in the way we understand love and vice versa, we stay in love and if we’re lucky enough, keep falling more and more in love with that person.
To me, love is … being able to be myself with that person and not get condemned for it …. doing things together that either one of us enjoys, it doesn’t matter what we’re doing as long as we’re doing it together…being able to laugh together and at each other … doing something for the other person even if it’s inconvenient… allowing the person to follow their dreams… finding little ways to let the other person know they’re important…being very careful with my words even when I’m extremely pissed at them…

I’m no expert on love. I don’t know if soul mates or even true love exists. I only know that I’ve been blessed that there is someone in this world that loves me the way I understand love. I hope I’m doing the same for him ….

By : Anya

No comments: