Friday 21 March 2008

Abbreviations

I’m sitting at the last row in the training room and having a bad case of Friday Blues.
I can’t even think of anything proper to blog but I need to; I can’t disappoint our fans or eerrrrmm, maybe just fan. :)
My brain is just numb from all the abbreviations swimming around in my head and even more that’s being bombarded at me. SP, SLC, NI, DPC, OPC, CIC, MAP, ISUP, BSSAP, RANAP, bla, bla, bla, yadaa, yadaa, yadaa ….
It’s not just technical terms that has been abbreviated. Even normal everyday phrases like Scope of Work (SoW), Way of Working (WoW), WTF ??!! (Figure that out yourself) :)
Why don’t we just start speaking in monosyllables? Y= Yes, N= No, F = Female, M = Male, L = Lunch, T = Toilet, B= Boss … we can just make up the list as we go along.
Either speaking full phrases is going to waste seconds of our life, or we just want to sound like we know more than we do or we’re just too lazy … I’m too brain-numbed to think of any other valid reason…
As you’ve realized by now, I’m so bored but TGIF! :D


By : Anya

No comments: