Tuesday 18 March 2008

$$$

Yesterday a friend of mine told me he has only 90bucks left in his bank. So I casually asked, pay not in is it? I was amazed when he replied, pay came in an hour ago and I just finished paying all my bills, loans and stuff.

And yesterday too, on my way back home, my mom called me n requested me to buy her porridge since she’s not feeling very well. So I dropped by McD, to buy a bit standard bubur la.. When I was there, it seemed quite ridiculous to buy just one bubur.. So I added on some extra stuff to munch.. like fries.. nuggets.. n a burger.. nothing much actually. However, I went blank for a second, when the cashier sweetly told me, “thirty seven twenty”.. I must have given her the WTF look, that she rechecked the bill and assured me with a giggle, Yes, thirty seven twenty!

Damn! I had one 50 bucks note to last me till end of the week. And yesterday was Monday huh?

And its not the 1st time this has happened to me.. I wonder.. Is money loosing its value? Is things getting too expensive? Or is it just me, on the way to becoming Becky Bloomwood? : )

By: 'lilo



1 comment:

Pink Scalers said...

moral of the story: just buy what you NEED. don't think much ;P