Thursday 27 March 2008

Grow up...

You go into working life and suddenly you feel so adult. The way you dress, the way you speak, they way you carry yourself, everything changes. Eventually we become more matured and laugh at our own clothes we wore before or things we used to do back in school, campus and etc.

But I just don’t understand why some people, even after working for some time, still could be so small minded and act so childishly at times. I am not saying, you shouldn’t try to be cute or do back the crazy things you use to do once in while for fun. But I’m talking about people who just stop growing mentally. Yes, that’s the word.

Recently, I bumped into one. Been meeting a lot, but anyway I’m gonna write about the most recent one. I am now working in a new company and it’s been like a month here now. It’s just a small company with just about 20 plus people working. People here are friendly and there’s lots of interaction among us since it’s pretty small.

There is a girl here called Ashka. She keeps to herself and doesn’t hang out much with the others in the office except for a HeShe person who used work here. That particular person just left the company two weeks ago. Since then, Ashka initiated in being my friend. Most people here can’t get along with her. Since, I am new there I welcomed everyone with open arms. She used to follow me for lunch and etc. Once, she came to me after work and asked me for my hp number and I gave. Then during the weekend she messaged me asking for some advise on her personal life and I also gave piece of my mind. That’s when I actually had her number, supposedly her new hp number.

She was becoming closer and she’s a very funny character by nature and only yesterday, I thought to myself, that I have actually made a new friend, which I rarely do in a short period of time. Oh btw, Ashka and the HeShe fought recently and Ashka has been avoiding her since.

All of a sudden, yesterday, when I was on my way back, Ashka called me and sounded very angry. She was questioning me if I gave her number to that HeShe. I was really blur and said I did not give to anyone and no one even asked me. She was arguing saying that there’s no one else has her number and I must have done it accidentally. Ridiculous isn’t it? Yet, I didn’t see it as a big issue or anything till I came to office today.

The moment I entered she gave me a “how dare you?” look and has been totally avoiding me. And one of my colleagues came and told me, how Ashka is so mad at me, how she feels that I betrayed her and etc.

Gosh! When I heard that, I was so speechless. Are they just stupid or are they born stupid? 1st of all, I did not ask for her number. She gave it to me. 2nd, she has never said that do not give it to anyone its top private secret. (Not like I did, anyway) 3rd how on earth am I suppose to find a person who has left the company, go and give the number? Not like that person is my friend or anything.

Now tell me, shall I just go scream at her face, WILL YOU PLEASE GROW UP?

1 comment:

Pink Scalers said...

Please do! She needs a good screaming ! :) - Anya