Monday 10 January 2011

Turning 29 (Part II)

Then came 2011..

On the eve of the new year, my uncle threw a party and my entire family reunited.. Then came my sister to the party with a huge cake (red velvet cake to be exact! I really don't get the hype).. but anyway, they planned to cut the cake at strike 2011 n then it came to the question of who should cut the cake.. n of cos my sister's kids and every other kid started fighting for the cake and my smartass sister decided I should cut the cake, since my bday is the closest! like wtf.. n of cos no one bothered my  loud screaming of "Noooooooooooooooo!!!" (with the back of my left hand on my mouth ala hindi movie :p ) So I cut the cake, to my entire (I really mean) entire family singing happy birthday!! So much for celebrating new year.. Cis!

That's where it all started...

Then on the 1st of  Jan, I met up Nemo and S for coffee.. talking talking n talking, suddenly there was mention of, meeting up again soon, should do a party, lilo's bday.. n tadaaa... the masterminds decided my bday will be a good reason to get together n celebrate :) n of cos I agreed, would never ever say no to party with my friends, even if it goes to the extent of celebrating my bday! *drama* lol..

Then on the 3rd, Monday, 1st text I received was a very sweet Birthday wish from a dear dear friend, who thought  my bday was on the 3rd instead of the 13th :p haha.. then he went on to profusely apologising and insisted on making it up to me on my bday.. He says let me throw you a party?? *Faint*

Then on the 4th, two of my ex-colleagues, whom I used to be close to got in touch.. I have been avoiding meeting them up lately for stupid reasons.. Looks like they never gave up on me... They "decided" my bday will be a good reason to force me to meet up with them, n at the sight of some lame excuses from me, they say, they will throw me a party n I must show up! hahaha... *slams head on the monitor*

The next day, my dad announces that he will buy me a laptop as my bday gift!! Can u believe it??? The best thing is, I was not even asking for one, even tough of course I would love love one :) *glee*

The right next day, my mom goes out shopping with her friends, and comes back home with a new top for me.. for me to wear on my birthday! *sweetness*

Then on the 7th, I receive a sweet email from Nemo & Anya, officially announcing my birthday bash! :D which now I can't can't wait to attend :) *excited*

Then on the 8th, my mom cooked special lunch on behalf of my bday.. all my favorite dishes were lined up and I was stuffed like shit... *yumminess*

Then yest, I really got the new laptop as promised =) I'm totally in love with it now, after suffering with my old one at home for a long time.. *love*

So yeah, you see now, how tone down my bday is?? So much for wanting to skip the day.. I have been reminded of it almost everyday now...

But the good thing is, I'm no longer freaking out.. I feel blessed.. to be surrounded with such lovable friends and family.. It definitely seems like a great year.. It's like all of a sudden the number 29 has become so significant! I bet this year will be a year not to forget..

But of course, being the pessimist, I cant help but to pray to god, to eliminate the hidden T&Cs for all these.. I can't help but wonder what's gonna be the catch for all this kindness?

But for now, I shall stop worrying and start enjoying the moment..

My dear 29, bring on all you've got!! I'm ready to take you down! :)


- Lilo ~ totally blessed :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey not to bad at all ey..Much ado about nothing..;)

Lilo said...

What's nothing to you means the world to some people. Don't be jealous.

Anonymous said...

I meant to say all the fuss you were making about turning 29 and it seem to turn out fine in the end..Always think im the bad guy..Sigh..

Lilo said...

Aww, I'm sorry! :(

So let me ask you, what would a Capricorn man like to receive on his bday?

Anonymous said...

I am not giving you ideas on what to get your bf :P

Lilo said...

Why not? :p

Anonymous said...

I am sure if you ask your bf what he wants, he will let you know. We are not gals. We are quite open with our needs :D

Lilo said...

Well I did. He said "I have you, what else would I need?" :p *blush*

How then?