Wednesday 5 January 2011

Siem Reap 2010

My trip to Siem Reap was a resounding success! Although I've read that Angkor Wat is considered to be greater than the pyramids I wasn't expecting much because I've been to the pyramids and I couldn't imagine Angkor Wat being more spectacular. I was glad to be proven wrong.

Our guide was a really good story teller. His stories combined with the architectural wonders of the temples, it was like the history books from secondary school, the Mahabratha and the Ramayana came to life...

Since a picture says a thousand words, here's some...

Sunset at Bakheng Temple

Angkor Wat - early in the morning

Intricate carvings at Bantaey Srei Temple

Tomb Raider filmed at Ta Prohm Temple

Faces of Bayon Temple

Pre Rup Temple - built way before Angkor Wat

View of the main entrance from the top of Angkor Wat


:) Anya :)

2 comments:

Lilo said...

I love, love Angkor Wat! I'm glad you enjoyed it too :)

N.e.m.o said...

Sharm awesome pictures!
Now i feel like going too.. sigh..
(is it too early in the year to be thinking of vacations already ? ) :P