Tuesday 18 January 2011

N.e.m.o Reflects

2010
A year of many events. Some happy, some sad.
For me, the year started off with Mr.Happy (who seldom visits) but ended with Mr. & Mrs Sadder (they love dropping by ever so often).
But that is LIFE. It goes on. The year gets replaced. People get replaced.
If there is one thing that 2010 taught me, it was Expect the Unexpected!

So here’s list of few key milestones/mishaps/events that are in no particular order: 
  • 2 best friends get married! and more batchmates get hitched, have babies yada yada yada..
  • Found new friends!
  • Managed to survive a family vacay to the Island of Gods.
  • Revisited Delhi and loved it this time round. The weather, the shops, the people and even the trains
  • Went to a place which held my childhood/teenhood/adulthood fascination = Hong Kong! And loved it!
  • My life was a mess
  • Didn’t perform as well at work as I could have but my boss thinks I deserve an Exceed even when I protested… HAHAHA, like that also can??!
  • A close family friend/neighbour passed away after battling his sudden disease for 3 months on my birthday…it was unexpected. Not a day goes by when I don’t pass his house feeling nostalgic or sad. Why do bad things happen to good people and low lifes get to live their lives lucky as ever and without any mishaps?
  • My Outlook still has 6++ emails that are not sorted..
  • Started dating again … weird feeling...
  • Had relatives from India and experienced the nightmare of being gracious hosts
  • Cut myself a fringe and there have been mixed response till date. Mostly good from non family members. Hate maintaining it though
  • Ate escargots for the first time .. ewww but not too ewww
  • Saw my parents worst nightmare came true .. :(
  • Attended a ghazal/sufi-like concert in Singapore and came back awed! 
  • Was part of another dog rescue mission (this time involving neighbour’s dogs)
  • Started looking for property like for real and realized I missed the boat
  • Planted trees for environment !!
  • Got proposed (no, not marriage) but didn’t say yes or no
  • Took part in my first marathon! 
  • Attended a youth camp after a long gap and had fun!
  • Re-connected with old friends!
  • Re-cycled more last year, extracting glass bottles, aluminum cans and plastic bottles in separate bags :)Yup, more households should start segregating their waste.
  • My past caught up with me and left me reeling in shock/despair And yes, I know im STUPID
  • Spent the new year’s eve at home watching 3 Idiots, not bothering to look at fireworks
  • My weight started piling up and ended the year being 60 kilos ! By the end of the year, I could not fit (without looking obscene) for about 70% of my clothes (I kid you not! Not exaggerating either!)
  • Bought myself my first sports shoes after 9 years (the last one being when I got in Uni) 
  • Got laughed at for my ass when I attempted to jog in the park front of my house! Motivating, i know :P

N.e.m.o

2 comments:

Lilo said...

Looks like a very eventful year dear.. I'm glad despite all the suckiness that is going on, you still managed to rock the year! Cheers to another hopefully-not-so-sucky year! =) *hugs*

N.e.m.o said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that this year does not turn out as dramatic as last year ...