Wednesday 8 October 2008

Oh the joys of life!

I think I'm becoming too cynical lately and turning into a pessimist. Not that I was ever one of those people that grinned ear to ear proclaiming "Everyday is a great day!" even when they spill curry on their new white shirt and they have five deadlines to meet by the end of the day! At least I think I generally used to look on the bright side of life without being irratating.

But lately I've been realising that as the year comes to an end, I'm more likely to look at the glass as half empty rather than half full, compared to a year ago. So OK, no better time to change than now. I shall make a list of all the things I should be positive about!

1. PMS; bloating, cramps, mood swings, pain, cramps, mood swings, CRAMPS, PAIN. Hey, look on the bright side, I'm fertile! One day I'll be able to have my very own little bundles of terror.

2. Office politics; bitching, bitching and more bitching. Well, at least it means I'm employed. And I have a boss that drives me mad with his lame sense of humour.

3. Traffic jams; total waste of time, fuel and increases stress levels. But joy of all joys, it means I have places to go to and people to see! Whether I want to or not ....

4. Relatives; everyone has an opinion about everything, and some just want to run my life for me and the more relatives I have, the more soap opera dramas I get. But occasionally they manage to be fun and some are also around to help... but most need to be helped...

Right, I'm only at number 4 and I'm honestly giving my best shot to be chirpy but it's not really working is it? Maybe that's the problem, it's not about me being an optimist or pessimist, rather, it's about me being a realist. Be realistic, accept the facts and not sugar coat it with optimism or smear it with negativity.

Oww, who am I kidding? I'm about as bad as the "Carpe Diem! Everyday is a great day!" chanters:)

-Anya-

No comments: