Thursday 16 October 2008

Lilo wonders...

Lilo is very sleepy, tired n just simply restless.. none of her frens are online.. back from running a tiring event.. boss is sitting right next to her.. she needs to write.. she needs to blog... but what???

Since I wrote about pretenders n all that in my previous blog, it just reminded me that I met one yesterday.. He’s a long lost cousin of mine.. he is my cousin n he used to live in my house for a short period when I n him were much younger.. then he moved on with his life, never really kept in touch.. met once in a blue moon during diwali..

Yesterday, I bumped into him at the hotel I had my conference.. I recognized him n I’m pretty sure he didn’t.. being surprisingly nice, for once.. I said hi n asked if he remembers me… then I told him my name n he pretended like he always knew me… he right away said I was much fairer before hence he couldn’t recognize me… which I don’t think is quite true…

Anyway, he initiated a conversation although I’m pretty sure he didn’t know who I was.. It was kinda funny talking to someone when I know he’s just pretending.. (maybe he was just trying to be nice).. the smile running on my head while I was talking to him was proven, when he introduced me as his Niece to his colleague… I almost burst out laughing… I am his bloody cousin! :p

Then the next day while I was there.. he came looking for me n started a conversation again… he was playing very safe n asked some very generic questions… he insisted on getting me something… then he came back with two cakes for me to take back home.. saying he really misses my family etc… I was quite amazed and he proved it again, by asking if we are all still living at this place where we never lived before… not even close…

Yes, I agree his gesture was really sweet… but it just makes me wonder, do we really need to pretend to be nice? What is so wrong in not remembering someone? What is so wrong in saying I don’t know something? Why must people pretend to know something when they have no clue? Aren’t we all just human? And human make mistakes? And we don’t know everything?

By restless, ‘lilo

2 comments:

Pink Scalers said...

margie hates pretenders too... i guess some people think they are doing the world a 'favour' by 'pretending' when its not :P

-Margie

Anonymous said...

I agree with Margie :D she still mad at sumbody? ;)