Monday 20 October 2008

when nothing i do is right

I've had a tough, stressful and sad week last week and still counting...
It started off okay at first...Tried new route to workplace last week ....
Day 1: was fine and traffic was clear etc
Day 2: went to yoga after aeons and realized it aint easy to be flexible
and then the cursed days begun:

Day 3: smarting from the physical pain from above activity, work was getting shittier (read: horribly busy). Plus, finding out my so called extra 'help'/resource is pregnant (read: morning sickness, lack of work attitude etc etc), wasn't exactly helpful as i needed her work input crucially.. i am tired of the solo crusade.. but then again, i can't blame her :( top of that, my then best friend decided to be extra 'nice' to me and no prizes for guessing what i felt.. HURT!

Day 4: Had to go back on my own.. decided to try the new route as the road i usually travelled was in a jam (i actually checked on the radio website before leaving) and ended up not being able to find 1 small minor turning. Went on a roundabout thrice but couldn't figure out. How come? Well try adding factors like the torrential rain, darkness and my super weak+astigmated eyes..
Ended up taking 2 hours to reach home as the road i finally chose albeit is also an alternative way to reach my sodding home as that road was on a bumper to bumper crawl...
And to add more misery, the so called best friend was still oblivious and was being 'nice'...

Day 5: My machine started acting up and just like last friday, had to be remoted in for the helpdesk staff to try to fix it... wasted whole of morning half due to the problem and my work just got piled up to my neck..
In the end, the problem was only to be fixed if i choose to reformat the bloody machine...

Day 6 (the 'weekend'): Continued work from Friday... but the stupid wireless kept disconnecting intermittently and i had to VPN in to my work network each time... and really ruined my pace of work.. :(
Finally after 4 hours of non stop work, and the wireless acting up, i gave up and forced myself to go to KLCC to get my work shoes which are tattered by now and i have been putting off for ages... Bought some books at Kinokuniya and that cheered me up a bit...If anything, books don't hurt feelings and are my comfort pick me ups :)

Mum bought some Munchy's biscuits over to the living room and was saying how nice they were etc.. and that i should finish them.. so we ate & ate.. mostly i ate a lot..
Next day, it came out in the paper that very brand and the type (peanut butter flavour) had the most melamine content in it and was tested by Hong Kong authorities... haha.. :P
I missed my so called best friend then too... :( Where is a friend when you need one? :(

Day 7: Woke up early went to temple.. all was good.. and then later onwards decided to go online to face an ugly matter... things got only worse.. Ended up fighting and crying.. Made a fool of myself even :(
Cried myself to sleep

Day 8: Got up early as i wanted to go work early, get the machine reformatted and do work, work and work... got stuck in a bad crawl again... hence, all efforts to reach 'early' to office went to drain :(
Then my preggie mate comes up to me and says she is gonna leave home (read: she can't do the work i assigned her yet again)...
Eatin lunch at my desk now.. feet hurts coz i walked to the nearest petrol station to grab snack/food in my new shoes.. I don't think any1 walks to that place but i needed the walk...
The only good and 'lucky' thing that happened to me today is as soon as i was back at my desk, nursing the swollen feet, i saw it raining outside... thank goodness i didnt got caught in the rain while walking alone and umbrella-less :P

Lets see if the week gets worse.. after all, its only Monday YET :P


-M


2 comments:

Pink Scalers said...

Hugz.. have a great week dearie..

Pink Scalers said...

You know what you need? A big tub of Haagen Dazs ice cream and Bridget Jones Diary on the TV and a big hug from me. Cheer up dearie, this too shall pass and it will be a better day, one day ;) - Anya