Friday 30 May 2008

Perfect Stranger..

We spent half (3/4 in my case) of our lives at office or school, but we could never get along with the people who we spent most of our time with. They simply play no significance in our lives that we tend to forget them, the moment we step out of the zone. But its amazing, how we suddenly bump this one new strange person and we get the feeling like we have known them all our lives and we would feel so safe to share all our life secrets.

I bumped into one recently.

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before in my previous posts, I am a very reserved person. I don’t make friends easily. I have never had more than 4 friends at any one point of time. Though this group of 4 friends changed gradually from primary to secondary to uni, but I have always been very attached to this friends. These are the people who know me like the back of their hand.

I can never start a conversation with a stranger. I could remain without speaking a word even if I’m jailed with a stranger for days if I want to. The best effort that I always make when I’m in a similar situation is to fake a smile. You know the kind of smile where you try to stretch your face muscle to reach the ears and it immediately returns to its original position in a split of second. Yeah, that’s the one. I’m constantly called or named snobbish for behaving in such away. But seriously, it’s something beyond my control. That’s my nature.

Anyway, back to my story. Yeah, I bumped into this one guy recently. I just had an opportunity to spend some time with him for merely 2 days. What surprises me till now is, I really don’t know I got along so well with him in those 2 days. Amazingly there was no ice to break, we just talked and talked and talked and became good friends. Just to stress the fact, there wasn’t any flirting involved, no sparks, no chemistry; it was a pure, platonic relationship. At the end of the 2 days, we were actually sitting at a corner of a road, eating ice cream, sharing our little secrets and laughing our hearts out.

He’s gone to wherever he came from. But I’m still amazed that I met him.

By: ‘lilo

1 comment:

Pink Scalers said...

interesting :)

- Margie