Monday 7 April 2008

The Kind of Friends I Have... (final)

Category 4: the ‘motherly or sisterly’ friends

I have 2 friends for this. Not surprisingly as the title suggests, both women :) naturally! One is a very dear tiny person with the biggest heart I’ve seen. She’s the epitome for patience and care. I can’t think of anyone as nice as her in my circle of friends.

But despite that, I (being the woman-jerk I am) have had few disagreements with her which resulted in us not talking for like a day or two. Not much but still.. I always find myself in disbelief when I think how can I do that to a person like her? But again, we GROW and we LEARN :P and maybe, the reasons were valid at that time but to think I can’t even remember the reasons now :P

She's doen't meet any us much anymore but everytime i pick up the phone to call her or meet her somewhere, i never feel like i've been apart or feel as if she has lesser care for me etc. She's one person i truly wish and hope will always stay the same. If i were to use 1 word to describe her, it will be SWEET!

And then recently I met another woman of this kind. She was really like my big protective sister when I was in Prague. She isn’t the kind that will open up to just anyone in a short period of knowing but eventually she did. Oh she was the 1st gal I kissed on lips before too.haha :P (more like a peck btw)

She’s the kind of friend, who when I said I really wanted to have a haircut, accompanied me after work to downtown to look for a salon that was open and actually affordable. The price for haircut in Prague is almost up to RM100-RM200. So there we were in a chilly evening going in and out of metros and mostly trams finding a decent place where I can get (a) a hairdresser who can converse in English, (b) within my budget and (c) a salon that was open!

In the end, there good ones we found we all closed or about to close :( So with our mission unaccomplished and 2 hours of walking up and down, defeated, we headed out to our favorite Thai restaurant and ate our dinner. We ended up yakking for hours and left the place as it was about to close.

Oh and btw, she is the one and only person I could have a ‘girl-talk’ while I was in Prague. Throughout the first 3 months there, I couldn’t really do that because (a) my one female companion was my housemate from hell, Rabbit, (b) most of my new found friends were all guys and (c) my own BFFs were far away.

Just not the same yakking bout the hot Latino in emails than in person. Facial expressions are numero UNO you know ;-)

To end my part of this "The Kind of Friends I Have... " series, i reached a conclusion:-

Life without any friends (regardless what category you have on them) is indeed DULL. So make friends not enemies.

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Fate chooses your relations, you choose your friends."- Jacques Delille

"True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and choice."- Samuel Johnston

and my fav:

"My friends are my estate."- Emily Dickinson

P/S: I know, I know.. making enemies seems much easier these days.. :P

-Margie

1 comment:

Pink Scalers said...

The mole on the nose theory is proving to be right;) You kissed (pecked;) ) a gal ! - Anya