Friday 25 April 2008

And the weekend starts...

Born to party, forced to work. That's how I would describe the people I've met in the Caribbeans so far. They work hard and party harder.

All week we were working hard on the project, putting in long hours at the office. Customer meetings, presentations, documentations, designs, budget, sales...so yesterday when everyone was ready to leave for the hotel around 630P.M. I was suprised but relieved at the same time. I was looking forward to a delicious, long hot shower and than just to curl up in the king sized bed under the covers and watch whatever's on TV. It's been so long since I've done that. So there I was, in bed, absolutely comfortable in my room with the remote control, bottle of water and phone within reach when the phone rang. The guys were calling me downstairs to the bar for a drink. I tried my best to decline but my laziness was no match to their power of persuassion. So in the end I agreed - just one drink.

So I dragged myself out of bed, changed into something decent and went downstairs. And so I discovered, weekends in the Caribbeans starts on a Thursday night :) My one drink became three and I had the most fun since I've arrived.

Today's Friday and all the guys came down late for breakfast, nursing a hangover. Among the recommendations for curing hangover was coffee and tabasco sauce. Even the pace of work in the office has dramatically slowed down. Well that suits me just fine, I already feel it's the weekend! :) So Lilo, I'm not jealous that your Saturday comes before mine;)

By : Anya

No comments: