Monday 7 April 2008

The Kind of Friends I Have... (part III)

Category 3: the like-minded+sarcastic+b*tchy friends

Usually for this category, one always meet these kind of friends from work or a course they attend or gym etc.

In my case, it is work. I’ve known quite a number of interesting (in a good way) people at workplaces. Some are younger and some are way older.

From the young ones, I learn all the cool stuff like where to hang out, clubbing scenes, b*tching work stuff and policies, general stuff etc.

Once I had a really really bad day and this one friend of mine took time off her work to lead me down to the pantry downstairs and just sat there while I poured my heart out to her. To me, it’s good to have 1 person from workplace where you can do that. I do the same for her too.

And best of all, it beats the crap out of having to figure who to lunch with etc. now when I have no plans whatsoever, I know I can just buzz her up or another person to have lunch with.

From the older ones, I learn a LOT of fact of life.. During my stint in Prague, I met quite a few of them. I learned a LOT in relationships, trusting partners, numerous career advice and life advice from these folks. My life literally took a different turn when I got to know them. I was more open to doing new stuff (i.e. hiking, clubbing till wee hours, dancing and actually enjoying it, hosting and attending parties etc)

And best of all, some of them are so nice that they actually ‘set me up’ to go (with them) to a Brazilian gig because they ‘found out’ that the hot Latino I had crush on will be going there as well. And how can I forget that one of them was the one who engineered the whole process of actually finding out his name and making him seat with us for lunch. In which I got to shake his hands and officially make way for more communications later *winks

Now friends like that, are useful indeed ;-)

-Margie

No comments: