Thursday 10 April 2008

Incomparable..

Sign of growing old: I have two wedding invitations for this weekend and yesterday a friend gave birth.

Yes, yesterday one of my ex-colleague gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Both the husband and wife are very good friends of my bf n I. We visited them at the hospital last night.

This couple has been married for six years plus now, has been trying to have a baby ever since marriage. They love having babies and after many trials, their wish came true. The mother is the type who enjoyed every moment of her pregnancy, talked and sang to her baby everyday. Both the husband and wife truly enjoyed the whole journey since it has been a much awaited one for them.

Yesterday, her room in the hospital was filled with only joy and happiness. Besides all the flower bouquets and baby gifts of course. It was one of the unique experiences, the moment you step into the room; you just get emotionally involved in the happiness and just keep smiling at everyone and everything. Although, she looked half dead going through the delivery, she was still happily describing to us the whole process of her delivery not leaving out any tiny detail. While the father was busy carrying the baby girl and proudly showing around to all the visitors arriving.

It was one the most beautiful moments I have experienced. Even tough I have had equal share of people giving birth in my family, but I must say this was different.

Feeling overwhelmed by the joy, even when we finally stepped out of the room, I still had the smile plastered on my face. Realizing I am still smiling, I looked up to my bf and he said, “This is exactly how I felt when I got my car!”

And yes, it was indeed one of the moments when you feel like you just come crashing up from a hill. I was actually hearing the glass breaking sound in my head.

Comparing a baby and a car! Really, now?

By: 'lilo

1 comment:

Pink Scalers said...

what the fish!!!! hehe... MEN.. truly from MARS ;P