Monday 7 April 2008

The Kind of Friends I Have... (part I)

There are many kind of friends one meets in a lifetime…

I watched a movie last evening.. “Definitely, Maybe..” and it triggered something…

You see, in the movie the main character Will Hayes, falls (eventually!) in love with his best friend April Hoffman. And how they became friends is pretty ironic too. But this just goes to show that sometimes the best relationships CAN be built on friendship basis. Of course they are also some who believe (and validly so) that some friends should just remain as friends! Both ways, I find myself nodding my head vigorously.

Ok so why I decided to write this piece about friendship? I guess its because I feel like its long overdue of me to write this out and let it be known :P

Like many others, I too have my fair share of friends/pals/buddies. Excluding acquaintance, I figured all of my friends fall in 4 categories: (or maybe more but right now these is what i can think of)

1. the BFFs

2. the “could have been best friends but...”

3. the like-minded+sarcastic+b*tchy friends

4. the ‘motherly or sisterly’ friends

Category 1: the BFFs

My BFFs comprises a group of like-minded girls like yours truly. It is my personal belief that every girl should have a strong, tight 3-4 girls group as BFFs and every guy should have 1 BFF.

Mine are wonderful. They are not clingy (like the wannabe BFFs you see in some people, esp in high school), they are matured (way better than me), are intelligent and successful in their very own special way and most of all they are superb TOLERANTS! Why do I say that?

Because throughout the 8 years I’ve known them, I cannot recall anytime when they grumbled or got mad because I arrived late somewhere. And let me tell you this.. I’m ALWAYS late. It doesn’t matter that each time I go out or plan to out, I tell myself, I MUST not be late but somehow rather I end up being late..

So to me, that’s what BFFs are made of :) (of course, if they b*tched about it behind my back, I also know that it’s in their teasing sorta way. Nothing harmful there) :)

All in all, I am so GLAD I met them on my very 1st day at Uni. We have gone thru serious sh*t times, and hilarious (like the MOST!) times together. We don’t meet that often, but we don’t need to. Some of us are slightly ‘apart’ as compared to Uni life days, but nevertheless, we still are able to share the common mutual feelings on most stuff :)

-Margie

5 comments:

Pink Scalers said...

Margie wrote !!! -Anya

Pink Scalers said...

Margie, I was drinking water when I read the part how you're always late for everything (which is so true- haha) and I choked on my water and my boss had to choose that precise moment to walk past me. I didn't see if he gave me a funny look or not cause I was pretending to cough and not laugh! -Anya

Pink Scalers said...

bad timing..:P hope ur bossie didnt c ya surfin blogs though ;-)
- Margie

Pink Scalers said...

margie, im happy to be one of d BFF! i know i perasan sendiri but i luv u! heheehe....

'lilo

Pink Scalers said...

ofc u're one of the BFFs (duh!) hehe.. n Margie hearts u 2!