Friday 12 June 2009

Stupid Haze

It just looks hazy, but there's no haze in Malaysia at the moment, according to the director-general of Environment, Datuk Rosnani Ibarahim. "Since it is the dry season now, the air becomes dry and hazy but it doesn't mean that haze is coming back," she said.

Oh wow, when I read that statement in the papers a few days ago, saying I was shocked would be an understatement!

I mean, I'm not a meterological expert, so I don't care what term they want to give the situation in KL now. All I know is, it sucks!

The air smells bad. People are falling sick with flu and sorethroat everywhere. Visibility is as bad as 2km in some places (I checked this myself as I was driving).

So call it whatever you want. Haze. Dry Season. Smog. Polution. All I know is, as an ordinary citizen with my basic five sense, the view of KL now looks like this:





When it should look like this:





-Anya-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

totally agree babe.. and oh btw, today i read in NST.. its sumatran fires again :P and the API index for Putrajaya was 98.. Jeez!
-N.e.m.o