Monday 4 May 2009

Mayday Weekend!

Mayday weekend was a long one for me coz I took off on Thursday as we were traveling up North (Malaysia) to a town called Kulim in Kedah (the state where you see miles and miles of rice paddy fields). My dad actually closed his clinic for a day and a half.. (Another milestone) :P
Mind you, he didn’t close his clinic even when his own niece got married :P

So much happened over the course of this weekend that I feel I must write it down and share.. At the risk of sounding really: 1. Vain, 2. Flattered, 3. Perasan, 4. and the likes ;P (you get the drift..) But I don’t care… I am usually not a big fan of flattery/compliments (I HATE compliments!!) and am very pessimistic and negative but this weekend I am feeling so over the moon that I think I can throw caution to the wind and act like a selfish, egoistic Biatch that i sometimes am.

Thursday-Saturday:


Meet SS finally.. The naughty boy all grown up and now a doctor! :D we had like 4-5 hugs (not just on me ofc, mum and sis too) on the course of the 2 days we were there haha..

At Kulim, re-united with one half of the old “Hardy Boy+Nancy Drew” gang from the Sg Besi army camp days, SS.
SS kept gushing over me without any reservations during our stay there. He even said he regretted not flirting when we were younger and I said, “Boy, I must have been really ugly back then LOL”. (and yes, i was). And i lost count how many 'Gorgeous' he used :P teehee... i guess sometimes compliments can do you good too ;P
According to SS, he was being asked for my number by a bunch of other guys who were at the wedding (he refused to name them and hinted one of them was his own friend) haha. *puke, puke*
Did I mention I saw my ex’s (current) girfriend’s brother there? And he obviously don’t know who I am otherwise he too wouldn’t have been staring at me so blatantly :P Ah.. somehow I found that a sweet consolation for the pain that his bimbo sister inflicted :P call me sick, I don’t care :P

I have a crush on a boy younger than me :D

SS introduces to his BFF, Alex who came down from S'pore the night before.. Alex is good looking and another smooth operator after SS.. Between the both of them ‘taking care of me’, I had fun :D
The best part was we shared the same table as Alex’s parents and we all had so much fun poking fun at each others parents..(yes, my parents were there too) as well as cracking up on jokes about the wedding singer.. and of course my sister and I decided to enlighten Alex about some funny Punjabi wedding customs that were observed on that day and we had fun.. did I mention Alex have this perfect white teeth set when he smiles or laughs? Ngee (I cant stop imagining) haha.. oh and over the course of this weekend, I’ve found myself replaying our conversations & laughter and that’s when I realized, im officially having a crush on this young fella :P
no harm :P harmless flirting only lah :P

Before heading back, Alex and I shared some small talk and that’s when he discovered im a year older than he was… and I swear that disappointed look on his face was so obvious and I couldn’t stop laughing… Just writing bout it, and im having this huge grin on my face (I shall stop now, lest the guards observing me from the CC camera think im loony)


Great company, even greater food @Bukit Mertajam, Penang

En route back, we had to stop over BM. Uncle CO (I call him that since I was 5 because he was the Commanding Officer back then in 7 Ranger camp, Mentakab Pahang) and his wife made us stop by their house.
What’s special about Uncle CO (his real name, Colonel Harbhajan) is that being in his position, he had this huge bungalow atop a hill (only his house on that hill btw) and he and his wife used to host numerous parties…I lost count the times I went there in my frock for parties :P
They had a batman (batman is male servant in army terms) and a driver. Back then my dad was still a Captain and we lived in a really LONGGGGGGG house on stilts (to keep the snakes away, no kidding) down the hill. (That’s where we had our 1st dog, called Mary.. No idea what her/his gender was, but we stuck to that name haha). Mary died bitten by a scorpion btw :(

Recalling the days when we were based there was fun. 7 Ranger Camp was full of Ibans (indigenous people of Sarawak, East Malaysia) and their big harvest festival called Gawai was a much celebrated event in that camp those days.. The Ibans made up for the soldiers and lived in a colony like area, where all the officers and their families were invited and we used to from one house to another… I remember eating lotsa corn and the men drinking the famous Iban homemade rice wine called Tuak. Uncle CO told us, he used to come back horizontal carried by his soldiers back to his house when Gawai ended.. haha.. (he still drinks a lot btw) :P

Dinner, we at Alma, BM.. Not a fan of Bak Kut Teh (pig liver/intestines/what-nots broth), I tasted the one here and LOVED it. And how can I be in Penang, without eating Char Koey Teow.. and oh boy,,, the BEST one I’ve eaten in a long, long time. Delicious.. and cheap too.

Sat Night @ Kay EL
Back in civilization (KL!) as I call it, next day was ET’s birthday.. We went to this really nice, secluded (hidden actually) Balinese Restaurant with an equally lovely name, Bora Asmara near TTDI.. Heard the sexiest rendition of a birthday tune… where else, but from a saxophone played by the live band.. and the “pom,pom,pom” added by the waiter was hilarious..

After dinner, we headed over to the Asian Heritage Row… went to
Heritage Mansion (never been here before.. ) The cover charge was RM 389 *gulp* (covers the price of the JD multiplied by 3).
Danced to house music till the club closed at 3.30AM :P got drunk a wee bit as this was my first time on hard liquor (gee Lilo, I dunno how u do it hehe)..In between, got a card from the SHY man next table..who asked for mine thru another lady.. (such a pussy Rina said)..
I replied “I have a boyfriend” *yeah right, I wasn’t that drunk to give my number :P*

At mamak after the club closed, (Malaysians go for mamak to cure hangovers, to water down the alcohol as Malaysians DRINK & DRIVE back as yours truly), Rina who was clearly drunk kept saying “gurl your countrymen gave u a card yo” haha.. The same Rina who said “he was a pussy yo” for not passing me his card on his own.. LOL..The same Rina who was calling after a strange man walking with umbrella saying “Bang, I nak pinjam payung” LOL
It was my first time seeing my colleagues pissed drunk and hearing all their ‘what goes here, ends here’ drunk stories.. Not to mention the camwhoring session we did. LOL.


All in all, it was a weekend of adulation.. And im sticking with my stand for the root cause of all this: The BROWN hair!

Vain N.e.m.o

p/s: Did you know car wash in Kulim cost like RM 2 per wash? And in BM, RM 4? WTF??!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seeee... the brown hair brings u fame :)

-lilo