Thursday 31 May 2012

The Good Life


I’ve been trying to find time to write but with everything that’s been going on, it was impossible to find a spare moment. Anyway, now finally, I have a few quiet minutes – work, husband and baby are not competing for my attention, I can sit down and blog.

So, biggest news – I’ve uprooted myself from KL and moved to Borneo (again!). Lots of people chuckle and tell me that Borneo will always have a hold on me – I left it 10 years ago only to go back to it now. Frankly, I think because I grew up in Borneo, I feel right back at home now. Yes, KL is awesome and my dear friends are there – but I’ve reached my limit for long distance relationship; 5 years apart and now with a baby is no walk in the park, ok!

We’ve got a lovely house here, no traffic jams, everything is within a 20-minute drive radius, crime rate is low, people are friendly in ways that only a small town can be and seafood is fresh! These days I do my marketing in the evenings at a stretch of stalls by the beach. So I get an awesome sunset and fresh produce at the same time – that’s gotta be the good life!

I know soon I’m gonna be missing KL and all its modern conveniences. Well, there’s Air Asia for that. For now, I’m happy, contented and at peace.


=)

Anya

1 comment:

N.e.m.o said...

babe, reading ur article makes me crave for small town life in East Msia too :) So happy for you !!