Monday 28 May 2012

Demoticons!

As annoying as it is at times, when I receive an email in Chinese, or when I'm invited to a meeting that is conducted in Chinese.. I find it so hilarious when they attempt to speak or write (by write I mean, direct google translate) in English.. I either have a good laugh or will just let them stick to their Chinese..

So anyway, recently they updated our office internal messenger with some new features and now it comes in English.. I don't know where the fck they got these words from, but this are the only emoticon/smiley options available in the messenger:


  • Cachinnate
  • Snicker
  • Avarice
  • Nictitate
  • Grimace
  • Perplexed
  • Desponded
  • Snarl
  • Dement
  • Loathe
  • Griefful
  • SARS
  • Supercilious Look
  • Dally
Like seriously? How on earth am I suppose to react to any of these expressions??! Whatever happened to happy, sad, etc?

They should have added one more that says, "mind boggling".. That's what this is!


Lilo

No comments: