Thursday 28 January 2010

New Car for the New Year

This weekend, I'm finally going to put action to my words and go car window shopping! Yaayyy! =) I've been wanting to upgrade my car for almost a year but with everything else going on, I put those plans on hold - until now.


I've pretty much decided on what car I want. It's the one and only....








BMW Z4 Roadster!


I've been wanting this baby with all my heart for so long!


Sadly, what I want and what I can afford is two very different things =p


I've done my calculations and budgeting and the outlook is bleak. Thanks to the ridiculous import taxes enforced on foreign cars in Malaysia, our pathetic salaries, the global economic meltdown, inflation and corruption, I can only afford to buy a local car.


I've ruled out Perodua because their cars look too "nerdy". That just leaves me with Proton. I must say, they've come a long way since the fire-engine red, boxy looking Proton Sagas. I've been leaning towards the Satria Neo...


.. it's nowhere close to the Z4. It looks like a nerd trying to be the cool kid.

But it will be a huge leap higher than my current car (the nerdiest of all the Peroduas) and definitely one tiny step closer to a real Z4.

Hopefully I have a fruitful weekend =)

~Anya~

3 comments:

Lilo said...

wowie! satria neo is kinda cool.. if can, get d sporty version one, even better ;)

Anonymous said...

happy car shopping...
i havent yet begun mine :P

one word of advise, go to paultan website. his is the 'word' where malaysian men (& some women) are concerned regarding car reviews..
get some tips for the test drive etc.

-N.e.m.o

Anonymous said...

yeah i already checked out paultan's website =) surprisingly he didn't kutuk very much..i guess that's a good thing! haha... and the sporty one is cool! but it's not really 'me'..looks too 'rempit'.. haha.. -A-