Sunday 17 January 2010

At long last ...

Phhewww... can't believe I'm saying this but successfully I'm married! And what a journey it was! This blog has a few smatterings of my joys and pains of wedding planning throughout 2009, but everything paled in comparison when on the eve of my wedding, I got news that the church I was getting married in, was one of the churches attacked with molotov cocktails, allegedly due to the whole "Allah" controversy.

It seemed like everyone heard the news at the same time because calls started coming in from everywhere and until late at night, asking me if I'm getting married the next day. At that moment, all my fears of wardrobe malfunction, makeup artist not arriving on time, wedding car breaking down and many other Murphy's Law scenarios just flew out the window. Who in the world will think of a church getting bombed when they're getting married there the next day??

But God loves me. The bombs failed to explode and the church was still intact. When 09.01.10 arrived, all that months of planning and preparation and tears and sweat and joy was worth it.




As I was waiting at the entrance of the church to walk down the aisle, I could see the church was almost full and it just hit me right there that - 'Gosh! They're all here to watch ME get married!' I can honestly say, it was the happiest moment of my life to see all my friends and family at church smiling and waving as I walked down the aisle with Dad.





When my hand was placed in Nicholas hands, he gave me a huge smile and asked in a low voice, so only I could hear - 'Are you ready?' At that moment, I was as ready as I will ever be.




Maybe this is what childbirth is like. When mothers forget the excruciating labour pains as soon as they see their baby and all they can remember and feel is ecstasy. Because all I can remember and think of now is how beautiful and poignant the whole weekend was and the stress of wedding preparation has faded into history.
So should I say, "Wow, I can't believe it's finally over!".. Or "Wow, I can't believe it's finally beginning!"
:)
Anya

2 comments:

Patsy Chong said...

touchinggggggggg!!!!
:')

Anonymous said...

hehe! and u were there to witness it all ;) - Anya