Wednesday 18 March 2009

Wedding Planning 101

The euphoria of getting the diamond ring is slowly settling down as the reality of wedding planning sets in. I can't say I'm stressed out or anything like that because I've still got months to go before my D-Day and my fiance is in on the planning every step of the way so it's been quite fun. But, I still can't help marvelling at what a competitive industry wedding planning actually is! Any traces of ideas that I've had about wedding planning being romantic have flown out the window within the first month. In the past 3 months, I've learnt that basically a wedding is...


not about me!


Wedding Planning 101 Lesson 1

It's about the family..and the family's family...and the family's family's family...

First thing I learnt was, my family and my fiance's family are like two football teams on the field with us being the referees.




Image 1


We had to reach compromises, make decisions, firmly stand by our decisions, be as tactful as possible when dealing with hostile situations and try not to piss of our future in-laws.

Wedding Planning 101 Lesson 2


Kiasu - either you're in or you're out

They say the early bird catches the worm. Well, the early bride gets the venue she wants on the date she wants.

After trying nearly ten reception venues, we finally narrowed it down to four that suited our taste and budget. Out of the four, there was one that we felt was perfect but guess what? Someone had already booked the date we wanted! A year in advance!

The same thing happened to the church. Someone else had booked the same wedding date and time that we wanted!


Image 2


So, we changed our wedding date. And I guess all things happen for a reason because the reception venue that we loved was available for our new date and we didn't hesitate a moment longer to pay the deposit and secure it as ours.


Wedding Planning 101 Lesson 3

Have goals- they keep you sane!


Throughout this whole planning and preparation period, I intend to look at the bigger picture, don't sweat the small stuff, have fun, loose weight, not break out into pimples, loose weight, treasure the only time in my life I can say 'fiance' and be called 'fiancee', loose weight, get my girlfriends in on all the fun parts and ...

Image 3

...not turn into Bridezilla!

-Anya-



6 comments:

Patsy Chong said...

Hahah, yeah right. Please lah. Lose anymore weight and you might just disappear. You're just fine now and I'm sure you'll look hot in your wedding gown. Heheh.

Pink Scalers said...

lolz, thanx for the vote of confidence sista -Anya-

Anonymous said...

u are coping just fine ;P

N.e.m.o

Patsy Chong said...

How does it feel? Does it make you feel old? Does it make you all depressed knowing you can't cuci mata on other hotter (not to mention younger) guys? I'm not helping, am I?

;P

Patsy Chong said...

YES!!! Evil is I!

Pink Scalers said...

Can't cuci mata?? Are you kidding? :D I can be dead and gone and still cuci mata ;) -Anya-