Thursday 19 March 2009

21st Century Brat

I'm a bookworm. I confess! I can never be lonely when I have a book to read and I can stay up all night reading (one of the very few things I can stay up for these days!). I especially love books about centuries gone by like the era of knights and castles, King Henry and his n number of wives, the building of cathedrals (think Westminster Abbey), China during the reign of the last empress, personal accounts of real people and their lives.

Although sometimes I wish I could go back into time and see for myself how the world was back than, I think I wouldn't survive a month in another century. I've been totally spoilt by the 21st century and all it's comforts.

There's no way I could live without electricity! No fluorescent lights and no fan/air con?? If I was unlucky enough be back in time in Malaysia, if the mosquitoes don't get to me first, the heat and humidity surely will.



The other day, the electricity went off in my neighbourhood and I was immediately on the phone, calling TNB. But there were 61 others who beat me to it! I was number 62 in the queue.

I surely cannot do without my Rosken Skin Repair! Even now, I can't go two days without it or else my skin takes on a parched/cracked riverbed look. I would think if I'd collected all that lotion I've been applying for years, I could drown in it.
Oh and I'll definitely feel completely loss and disorientated without my handphone. I just found out recently that until 200 years ago, it took 6 months for a letter from London to reach Asia. Let's not even talk about telegraphs, postcards or even smoke signals. When was the last time you used a public phone?

Haha, got you! ;p

Well I guess if I tried really really hard, I could live without a lot of the 21st century comforts. But I swear there's one thing I will die without.



-Anya-


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u voted earth hour and u say u cant stand no light/no AC/no fan? hehehhehe

-N.e.m.o

Pink Scalers said...

earth hour is only an hour. what about the rest of my hours?? -Anya a.k.a brat- haha