Monday 28 February 2011

Day #3 Shenzhen - Indians!


I don’t mean to be racist here… But I really think Indians are like cockroaches... they seem to be everywhere and you can never get rid of them… the last place I expected to see lots of them is in China... but here they are… lots and lots of them.. In my last job, I look for speakers from all over the world and I tell my people don’t bother calling India… At the end of the day, the panel of international speakers list will be all Indian names... It’s like you really can’t run away from them... And yes, I am proud that they seem to be taking over the world in all fields of work… But I can’t help myself but to be annoyed as soon as they start talking…

Some “Indian moments” in China..

#1 So this one Indian guy comes to me at the HK airport and asks if I am an Indian, and I say “No, I am a Malaysian”… and he gives me this very disgusted you-are-such-a-betrayer look and walks off….

#2 And then there was this another Indian guy comes to ask me for directions:

He: Hi, are you Indian?

Me: Err, no, I am Malaysian..

He: (shakes his head and says) but its ok, can you tell me how do I get to the city?

Me: What does he mean by IT’S OK!!! Grrrr….


#3 I am waiting for a bus and this guy approaches me.. Being very careful with what I say..

He: Hi, what time does the bus come?

Me: should be reaching soon

He: Btw, where are you from?

Me: Malaysia

He: but you are an Indian, no?

Me: Yes, I am a Malaysian Indian..

He: aahh, no wonder… u look Indian… So, which part of India you are from?

Me: Grrr… I am from Malaysia..

He: You were raised there?

Me: I was born there!!! And I turn away….


#4 conversation between 2 Indians sitting in front me in a bus..

Guy 1: So where did you have lunch and dinner yesterday?

Guy 2: (with a very annoying accent) Lunch I ate here only... Dinner I ate there only….

Me: WTF??? *faint*



Lilo







2 comments:

Anya said...

hahaha...I so know what you mean! I've even had Latin people think I'm lying that I'm not from India...

N.e.m.o said...

HAHAHAHA indians are so farnee, no?