Sunday 21 November 2010

Annoying Relatives

Another social obligation last night. A relative invited my family for Deepavali dinner at his posh condo in Mt Kiara. I don't know who this person is so I was reluctant to go but I didn't have the heart to protest too much when my Mum was asking really nicely, so I went.

Another reason I wasn't looking forward to going was all the nosy grannies that would be there, asking annoying questions such as :-

~ Where is your husband?
~ How long does he have to be there / When will he be transferred back to KL?
~ Why don't you go to Sarawak?

Actually, that's not the worst part. The annoying part is the look which varies from pity to disapproval that they give me when they realise we're going to be living apart for a while more. I know it's no point explaining to them that I'm perfectly happy with my life right now. Of course I miss N but ever since I got the department transfer, the longest we've gone without seeing each other is 2 weeks. It used to be 2 months.

I still get to do my own thing without having to check with N's schedule like hanging out with my friends, spending time with my family, being a bum and lazying around...and I can say it would be the same for N as well. At the same time, when N is around I enjoy doing wifely things for him like cooking for him, going for dates and getting him to fix things around the house. Obviously the grannies have not thought of marriage as being happy together and not just living together.

So grannies, buzz off! I don't need your pity, your advice, your disapproval. Go and annoy someone else.

~Anya~

1 comment:

Patsy Chong said...

Hehehe. We were supposed to go for that very same dinner too but couldn't make it at the last minute. And poor you. I so agree with you, tho! Ignore them as long as you're happy :) You and N are great together!