Thursday 19 August 2010

Love is..

So nemo asked me an interesting question today.. She asked if I think what I had with lolo as an epic love? (btw, lolo is my ex, I was lilo n he was lolo, pathetic I know, but anyway) my 1st response was, what's an epic love? :p she told me, it's the great one, that will never come by again..

Hmmm.. I didn't take too long to answer her, but now that I think about it, yeah, maybe it is true.. It was one that will never come by again.. It was a fantasy, it was so beautiful.. It was like living a sweet dream.. A dream that you sometimes wish will never end.. But you do wake up eventually, n realize that was just a dream, u smile n move on.. That's exactly how I feel..

He was everything a girl would ask for, like a character taken out from a beautiful love story.. He showed up at my door with beautiful roses.. He showered me with gifts.. He opened the car door each time.. Never let go my hand whenever we were out.. Loved Public display of affection.. never let me open my wallet.. massaged my feet when I'm tired, peeled my prawns, cut my meat.. Pulled my chair.. Did everything I said.. He even said I love you every single day..

No, I didn't make that up, he really did all of that..

Then came the distance.. Everything felt apart.. And I woke up!

So yeah, it's true, it was an epic love, one that will never come by again.. but nah, I have no regrets, I woke up, I smiled and I moved on..

I am now with whom is known as "the great one".. He's probably the total opposite of lolo in every possible way..

He doesn't say I love you everyday, he doesn't shower me with gifts nor show up with roses, he hates holding hands, he makes me cry every other day..

But I am now more in love than I could ever be.. What I have now is real! As real as it could ever get.. Simply because he loves me his own way..

We talk, we share, we care, we do everything in our own way.. Nothing that you can find in novels, nothing of those u find in movies..

We are few mins drive away, but we don't meet everyday.. We r just one call away, but we don't talk every day.. He lives his life his way and I live mine my own way..

But somehow I love this bond, I love this commitment, I love this trust..

This is what I call love, because it's so real...

iLilo :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

But he's still not going to marry you...just yet ;)

Lilo said...

you are wishing hard, aren't you?

N.e.m.o said...

aww that's a great piece :)
and Beast just had to butt in :P

Lilo said...

Thanks dearie ;)

He's just jealous..

Anonymous said...

Why would i be jelous? I really want you to get married so you cant stop being so miserable all the time.But then again,what are the chances of that happening ey ;)

Lilo said...

Fyi, I am in no hurry nor looking forward to getting married... So no, I'm not sad that it isn't happening..

And you are jealous because I am in love with the great one and not you :p

Anonymous said...

Hahahah...Yea the "great one" who makes you cry every night..He must be extremely "great" :P

Lilo said...

Heard of "tears of joy", before?

Anonymous said...

Every night? Must be extremely "joyful" !

Lilo said...

Yes it is, again don't be jealous...

p/s: stop acting like a girl, picking on details :p

Anonymous said...

So why again would i be jealous? Cause ur in love with the "great one"? But, isnt that a good thing? I'm happy for you.I really am.I definitely would not want you to be in love with me..

Lilo said...

Of course its a good thing. Thank you.

I definitely would not want to be in love with you too..

Why would you be jealous? Because you are secretly in love with me.. don't deny it..

Patsy Chong said...

Beautiful :')

Anonymous said...

That was a good joke to take away the Monday blues.."Im secretly in love with you" ..YES. why not..why ever not would i not be in love with you :P