Tuesday 10 November 2009

Speechless..

it's surprising how some strangers can make me go speechless so often.. like how the other day, when Anya & I went for our meni & pedi session, the lady in charge delayed our appointment, and instead of apologising, she gave a smart ass suggestion by asking me to go upstairs and buy myself a new pair of sandals.. (i was wearing a closed toes shoes, and since she delayed the appointment, she was scared there wont be enough time for my toes to dry up, thus the smart suggestion!) i was seriously like wtf!! im sps to get a new pair of sandals cos u delayed my appointment?? but i really had nothing to say to her at that time.. thank god, anya was there to save the situation... or i most probably would have burnt her to death with my stare :p

anyway, so yesterday i did my usual toiletries shopping at the guardian store.. they were advertising all over the store for their latest "batik" calendar and you got to spend over RM100 to redeem one.. n eventually my bill came up to above hundred, and I did the most natural thing by asking the cashier gal for the calendar.. she smiled and ignored me.. still thinking she didn't hear me, I asked her again "can I get the calendar, please?" she gave me a very surprised look as if this is the 1st time she has ever heard the word "calendar" and I'm the inventor... for one last time, i pointed to the fucking ad on her counter and asked can I have this, please?? I would have accepted if she told me, they were out of stock or something.. not like I was dying for one.. instead she does this, "ooh, that one! you got to buy things in guardian to get that!" at that point, i lost it... so i ask her " where do you think I am right now??" she becomes all gabrah and start reading the flyer over n over again.. then she asks me a few questions but i just stand there with my most annoyed look and silliest smile ever, for her to get back to her senses... At that point I couldn't be bothered bout the line growing behind me, and the lady who was sighing behind me...

then she calls her manager.. another smart lady comes there to rescue and looks at me expecting me to explain the situation to her.. instead i continue with my annoyed look and silly smile.. so she gets the story from the cashier and looks up to me n says, "oh miss, you got to spend over hundred for the calendar". God must have blessed me with more patience, cos I almost laughed at her... still not speaking a word i stand there looking at them both panicking... after a solid few mins, the manager tells me to go collect it from their store at the back..

the highlight of the day was, i go there, and i say calendar, the store worker picks up one hands it to me.. not asking any question whether I even bought things there, or if it came up to 100 bucks..

ridiculousness!! i dunno why ppl get on my nerves so much these days!


-Lilo

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tested yourself for bipolar disorder..

Lilo said...

I did, and I tested positive.. you have a problem with that?

Anonymous said...

Nope.But it might answer your question " i dunno why ppl get on my nerves so much ".Hence the answer lies within...

Lilo said...

Then I guess its fair for me to call you as another smart-ass getting on my nerves right now..

Anonymous said...

Lilo, that is SO YOU darling! I can see it right now, staring them down and realizing nothing will change just cause how stupid people really are. You're right, this time you are right - some people are born DUMB!

Lilo said...

Wow... finally i'm getting some love in here... thank u anon :)

Anonymous said...

You do know that's a totally diff anonymous right.Cause I still think it's your bipolar disorder..

Lilo said...

thank you for the reassurance, even tough I believe in miracle, this is too good to be true ;)

Anonymous said...

A pessimist like you and miracles?
Who you kiddin.. ;)

Lilo said...

and you know I am pessimist because?

Anonymous said...

"yes, i am one of those who sees the glass as half empty.. i am full of negative vibes.."

Who am I to say, as she has spoken for herself..

Lilo said...

aaww.. u such a sweet lil thing.. u actually took d trouble to search for that one single line?? aaaww.. i'm so touched... as much as u try to be mean to me, u actually luv me! wow..

Anonymous said...

Hahaha..Best joke of the day!

p/s:It did cost me 30 seconds looking for it though.I figured you may just be worth my 30 seconds since you've dedicated a whole article to me before ;)

Lilo said...

wow.. it only took u 30 seconds? u must really luv me to remember everything i write :) i'm honored :)
n the fact that, someone out there in the world willing to sacrifice their 30 seconds for me, means a lot to me! thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Dont flatter yourself too much.It's quite sad actually that you find someone spending 30 seconds on you to be significant.Not a very likeable person are you..

Lilo said...

well, it only takes a second to fall in love with someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget :)