Thursday 5 November 2009

Boys #1

I thought of continuing the countdown for "Men" but than I thought, this particular person doesn't even deserve to be called a "Man". "Boy" suits him so much more... and I can name at least 3 people, that I know, who belong to this category.

They're sssooooo immature...sssoooo needy....sssooo attention seeking......sssooo irritating!!

This Boy, unfortunately is my colleague. This is what he's done for the past 3 weeks to get on my nerves:

#1. He's just started amateur photography and he's specializing in portrait shots. That's fine, good for him - except that since the moment he met me (and my other friends), he's been literally harassing us to pose for him. Ok, let me break down my thought process here:

a. I hate taking pictures for no reason (so not a cam-whore)
b. I hate being forced to do anything
c. I barely know this guy
d. Why the fuck should I do him any favors??

Despite me repeatedly saying "No, I'm not posing for you" this...freak (for lack of a better word)..hasn't stopped asking! I find that to be extremely rude! What part of "NO" doesn't he understand? All my other friends grew so tired of his pestering that they finally agreed to pose for him. To be fair to him, he's not a bad amateur but he's persistent to the point of being a pest.

See what I mean by "sssooo immature"?

#2. He broke up with his ex-girlfriend of 4 years and is now with another girl whom he claims he's head over heals in love with. Oh, wonderful! I would be genuinely happy for him if he wasn't a self-proclaimed love guru and start dishing out unwanted love advice. He goes around telling my married friends and me how to have a good relationship with your significant other, without us even asking. After one long "how I met the love of my life" story from him, I asked him, "So, how long have you been going out with her" and he said....(wait for it)....(drum roll)....2 months!! Later on he also adds that he still has feelings for his ex-girlfriend. See, I don't want to be cynical but please, sort out your own life first before you even think about giving others advice. Better still, keep all your advice to yourself, because I didn't ask you for it because frankly, I don't care!

See what I mean by "sssooo attention seeking"?

#3. He thinks I'm being paid to keep him company in Jakarta. He'll just pull up a chair to sit beside me and start chatting. I guess he's too dense to see that I'm b.u.s.y. I try to maintain my professionalism in the office and so as professionally as I can I tell him, "Please don't disturb me now, I'm busy" or if I'm really irritated it's down to "Talk to me later - busy". I tell him this at least once a day.

See what I mean by "ssssooo needy"?

But thank God this Boy is from a different country and he'll be leaving tomorrow to return home. Good riddance!

-an irritated Anya-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Et tu Anya???

Anonymous said...

Oui! This one deserved it -A-