Wednesday 3 December 2008

i heart this week!

one of the days when i feel blessed :D

1. Have just celebrated one of my best buddy's wedding on Sunday.. it was such a happy feeling to be present that day...in the 567,255 weddings i've been to, this was one of the most romantic and nicest wedding and one that i could actually relate to... the rest of the weddings are usually cousins or worse, parent's friends' children which i dont even know or care much for :P

** apart from my horrible, sucky speech and losing my hp pouch (its a big deal coz apparently Nokia doesn't sell the pouch on its own !! :( , the wedding was a brilliant reunion cum massive gossipin session for moi :D )

Oh and P's speech about his wife.. sigh.. some day, i hope i meet a guy who will love me as much as P does to his wife.. (my pessimist side tells me "that is never gonna happen") hah!

2. I have not worked much since Monday and yesterday :P

Being awfully sick with flu yesterday, i met this one lady manager whom i rarely chat with but have helped her with some support isssues before... We bumped in the loo and while both of us were peeing in the next cubicles, she says "hey dear come to my desk and take the vitamin C.. it will help with your flu... "

i said okay.. but being me, i forgot all bout it..And so today morning she meets me and tells me again.. and we rarely speak exp when its work related which is also rare as she is in different department and different level.

I dont know about others, but to me small kind gestures like this esp by strangers really touch me :P

3. Last night after yoga, met up with my aussie cousins and we all, the malaysian cousins on my mum's side and them went for our favourite roadside hawker restaurant and had a blast.. 3 rules applied for the dinner outing:

a) Not to touch stray dogs --> this was because the last time we went this place, i had to touch a dog which nearly bit my wrist off :P

b) for our aussie cousin A, not to drink the HUGE iced milo glass (even tho its absolutely delicious) --> coz he puked soon after the last time.. who wouldnt puke if u drank 2 huge MILO glasses and mango juice in between? hehe

c) cousin J cannot drive (coz he nearly ran over a brick wall) :P

And last night we had a blast...i didn't touch any dogs, and cousin A didn't order that drink but we had incidents of flyin cockroach hovering on our table which resulted in all of us screaming and other tables staring at us, prolly muttering "loony bangalis"

Its moments like these and many others that i love to reminisce about... There are days when i wish i was far away from here but when i think about all the various activities i have with both my paternal and maternal side of families i tell myself, am i willing to let all this go?


Family ties are important in anyone's life.. i know many people who dont speak to 'this relative' and 'that relative' etc. I am lucky that in my family, both sides are talking to each other and are not having any major issues... i know in the early years of my life, there were many problems but im glad, with time and everyone getting wiser all that is healed...


People come and go, shit happens etc. I do hope though, foolish as it might be, that no untoward incidents happen to any of my family members be it close or distant...


-M, who just got back from lunch with 5 cousins + 1



-M

No comments: