Wednesday 12 November 2008

Don't ask me!

Yes, I’m called a psycho magnet for a reason :p (my friends call me that, and after years of arguing, I agree now)

Anyway, I have this one new “junior” whom I’m supervising currently. She’s undeniably smart, sweet, and pretty and everything else she claims to be. That’s beside the point. She’s just one of those people who get into my nerves at times. She has this annoying habit of asking questions. I mean seriously a lot of questions. Everyday and every time!!

I do agree when you are new somewhere, you have to ask questions in order to learn better. However, I also believe you don’t have to ask everything. Some things are just plain common sense and for everything else there’s something called GOOGLE!!! (google it up bitch! That’s the sentence constantly running on my mind recently cause I clearly know she does not have something called common sense :p)

I really don’t think I’m exaggerating here. For an example, my office clock is 10minutes faster, and it’s placed high up in the wall, so no one bothers to change it. So she starts:

A: Lilo, what’s the time now?
L: (staring at the clock right in front of our eyes, and her shiny watch) answers its 9.30

A: the clock is running fast right?
L: yeah (duh!)

A: is it exactly 10mins faster?
L: YES! (With a stare now)

A: I just want to know, if the clock is running faster for a reason?
L: There’s no (fuckin) reason! It’s just high up in the wall, so no one changes it.

A: Do you think I should clarify this with the bosses?
L: at this point, I just become speechless (although, my heart is screaming, just shut the fuck up n do ur work!!)

Just one more example. She was complaining that she could not find some phone numbers. So I told her, I’ll get her the phone directory and I did. And she asks

A: Thanks. What is this?
L: directory!

A: (still holding the book) oh, can I get all the phone numbers here?
L: yes! (duh!)

(btw, the directory is called Schroeder’s International Business Directory)

A: (still haven’t open the book) what about Singapore numbers??
L: yes, why don’t you open it up n see?

A: Can I also find Indonesian numbers??
L: (just stared!!!)

A: Just one last question, why is this directory called Schroeder’s???
L: (seriously, do I still answer her??)

Some people just never fail to amaze me. Sigh….
(I hope “my friend” now knows why am I all mean n rude suddenly! or maybe not suddenly :p)


By: ‘lilo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, there is another explanation. She wanted you to pull up a chair and fix the clock so she could check your legs and under your skirt! After all, the other Pinks say you ALWAYS attract the good looking ones!

Pink Scalers said...

LoL, Lilo.. u've attracted a cyber anonymous pyscho ;) - Anya

Patsy Chong said...

Hahah. True, true. Psycho magnet indeed.