Thursday 5 May 2011

Snowing no more

I'm staring at a huge mountain of work that I need to get done by Monday but I have no idea how to do it. Strangely I'm not panicking yet. I think I've broken through some sort of stress barrier. I've gone into a realm of calm that lies just beyond that maximum stress point. Like the sound barrier. What lies behind the sound barrier when a jet surpasses the speed of sound; non-sound?

Back in university, when I was faced with an impossible assignment, I knew I could always count on the Gods of Computer Engineering to provide me with their assignments to get "inspiration" on how to get started with mine.

I know those days are long gone and I have to figure this out on my own, as I always have at work..but I miss Snowflake. The invisible member of the Pinkscalers. From first year in university, we were group mates for almost all assignments and we were a fantastic team. Whether we knew what we were doing or not, somehow together, we always avoided failing anything.

Snowflake, I could really use your insight on how to do the work that's drowning me.

~anya~

6 comments:

N.e.m.o said...

aww :( we miss snowflakes too..
but as you know, its so hot these days, the only thing making a comeback is the haze.

on a lighter note, focus on our trip next week when u stare at the 'mountain' and u'll be fine ;)

lilo said...

yes, dear! one more week, hang in there.. we'll have a great break :)

Anya said...

thanks dearier :) Really looking forward to our annual holiday! :)

Anonymous said...

Me too!! Where you guys going? Can i come ;)

Lilo said...

Only if you have gone for a transsexual surgery while I was away ;)

Lilo said...

Sexist? Me?? Quite an understatement don't you think? :p