Monday 16 February 2009

Small world!

I realised again it's a small world (and freakishly so!) last weekend.

I went to a relative's wedding reception with my cousins and aunties. Getting there was a hassle by itself because of the traffic jam caused by the police road blocks which were the result of rival gang fights that left 4 shot dead. Seriously, what is happening to KL?? First my uncle gets held at gunpoint in a case of mistaken identity, now this!

Anyway, we get to the reception, managing not to be too late, get our places and start eating. Than, as I'm speaking to my cousin - both of us checking out this obviously vain, good looking kid (sadly no good looking men, so I had to settle for second best), I spot this guy in the crowd. Hey, I know him! We played cho tai tee at Old Town Coffee on New Year's Eve!

So I go up to him...

Me: Hey Ram! (who by the way, through the result of his parent's mix marriage, looks like a Cambodian)

Ram: Oh Hey! Oh My God! (jaw dropping to the floor) What are you doing here??

Me: Erm, are we related?? You're here as a friend or relative?

Ram: I'm related to the bridegroom (picking up his jaw from the floor, after the shock of seeing me)

Me: (LOL!) So am I!

(Than we attempt to explain to each other how we're related, I'm not going there again - too complicated!)

And finally the conclusion was....

Ram: So cool! We're cousins!

=)

~Anya~

No comments: