Thursday 9 February 2012

Millionaire in making!

I've been thinking what would I do if I suddenly turned a millionaire, multi-millionaire to be precise.. Will I quit my job? hell, yes! or will I just go on a long long holiday but, eew, I don't wanna travel anymore so it got me thinking..not like I've anything else better to do here


Anyway, this started when a taxi driver I met in Perth, out of the blue told me, I should buy a lottery.. He thinks I've a 'lucky face' and the draw for the week was going for 30million!! I just thought that was a random nice thing to say and ignored it.. And on my last day stay in Perth, I got a text from him reminding me to go buy the lottery before 5pm that day.. Let's just ignore the part about why the taxi driver is texting me :p but that's what made me think.. Been doing that for days now..

I have made a list in my head.

1. I wanted to help solve all the problem and buy a Ferrari for certain someone :p but then I know he might not accept it.. So crossed it out of the list..

2. I wanted to quit my job and go for a really nice holiday and maybe travel around for months. But knowing it's so not fun going alone, I was thinking of getting nemo to resign from her job, (she's working too hard :p) and travel with me.. Of cos I'll totally pay her to do it.. Salary + holiday, nemo what say you? :p I've left Anya out as the baby would need mummy to be around.. At least for now :p

3. Then I thought I should do something totally useful for myself with the money.. Like doing what I love for a living.. Which of cos I don't know what.. Then this brilliant idea came about.. I should totally take up and study medicine! I can go to a real cool country, be all student again and have fun for 5 years.. And I still could work for another 20 years or so, so it's not too bad to start, right? But then, when I really analyzed the thought, I realized it could be biased due to watching all those greys and private practice that I love :(


4. And this morning doing some programming sort of thing during my training, I rekindled my love for programming.. I really did enjoy the subject.. I loved playing around with the commands till I get something I want and seeing the results on screen was so joyful.. So now, I'm considering a Masters in Software Engineering.. or IT.. or whatever.. Just can't help feeling so proud of myself :)


All smiles,
iLilo

P/s: I never bought the lottery! :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never bought the lottery?? After all that thoughts and u never bought it??

Lilo said...

Yeah, sigh :(

Something told me, there's a reason he's still driving a taxi..

N.e.m.o said...

sorry just saw this today. im so in but looks like since you didnt get the lottery, my dreams of running away with you are in taters.. Grrr why didnt you buy that damn lottery? :P