Monday 13 February 2012

...and Manic Mondays never leaves me

Pre-@#$% Monday

  • Arm hurts like hell went for a massage but still didn't help
  • Work emails and tons to do come Monday (which made me not look forward for Monday at all or the coming months)
@#$% Monday

  • My sister (carpool mate) bails out at the 11th hour (despite me checking with her the night before if we were to carpool) forcing me to look for parking lots frantically from team mates while having my morning toast.
And i don't even want to get started on my carpool and sister problems. Or the carpark problems. And yes, i still haven't found that job yet.
 
  • Texting my ‘sorta boyfriend’ to inform him our plans will have to change YET again.
Not only i was seeing him after almost 2 months (he was supposed to be back 2 weeks ago), i had to re-arrange the whole arrangement of 'logistics'.
  • Lost my good mood of anticipating to meet him :(
  • Arm hurts like hell and great, now I'll be driving total 100KM and more 
  • Can't take Emergency Leave (EL) or Sick leave or work from home because i know one guy has already applied for today in advance and I'm already short on people.
Running 4 people for a team that works on 24/7 shift is really NOT a joke. Especially when the team members tend to take ELs and Sick leaves like they are doing the organization a favor by even showing up to work.
  • At one point between tea and ironing my once perfect but now ruined after a cycle in the machine new Gap trousers, i must admit, i was very tempted to take EL but i decided to do the responsible thing.
  • Halfway dressing up for work, get a text from my team mate who is regular in taking sick leaves.
Text: "I need to take EL to take care of my girlfriend bla bla bla bla...."
Note: this is second time he used such excuse. 

Over the 3 years of managing this team, I have lost count the amount of times I get text messages of this nature. And best part is, they come from everyone except me in the team! I have even started to guess the contents of the SMSes each time I receive one.
  • So now I am down to 2 pax (another girl and i). Lucky thing she is on the night shift this week and I’m on morning shift. Big PHEW!
  •  Then of course, as my bad luck would have it, its bad traffic all the way.
  • While driving, I remembered, I need to pay cash at the 4 tolls today. So much for getting to work fast :P
Why? Because it’s my sister’s turn to fill up the SmartTag and I put it on the table since Friday for her to fill it in. So yea...

Huffs & Puffs,
N.e.m.o











1 comment:

Lilo said...

*hugs* this too shall pass... hang in there!