Sunday 4 September 2011

New crisis..

As it is my list of quarter life crises are long enough.. Now I've got a new one to add..

I've just realized that once you have surpassed that certain age and as you near the big thirties; people, especially the less brainy men, no longer ask simple questions like "are you seeing someone?" or "do u have a bf?" like how guys used to ask back in those days..

Now, the golden question seem to be the one n only "are you married?" and full-stop.

And they go on making their own assumptions or probably they don't care less.

It's hard for a girl like me to tell without looking overly "perasan'ed" that "hey, I may not be married; but I'm not interested in you!" (and I already have or am seeing someone )

It annoys me that men assume if you are hot old and not married, you must be single and ready to mingle..

Being back in the men-dominated-engineering world this is my latest crisis that I am finding it hard to deal with :p

Anya gave me a brilliant suggestion to start introducing myself as "I have a boyfriend; and my name is.... "

I thought that was a good one ;)


iLilo





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just lame..Who the hell wants to know if you have a bf or not..
I have been in this situation, with a vain girl. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Hi,how's it going
Girl: Hi.How are you. My name is xxxx and i have a bf,xxxx.
Me: Good on you! but i am not interested in your bf, dont swing that way..

Me, walk away and never see her again..She is officially is my blonde list.I dont think you would want to be in someone's blonde list would you.

Lilo said...

I guess you didn't get what I was saying.. But anyway, thank you for your comment..