Friday 3 December 2010

Colour me bad

As timeless as the question "What is the meaning of life?" is to many people, the question "Why do Indian women wear coloured contact lenses" has always baffled me. OK let me rephrase, "Why do dark skinned Indian women wear totally fake looking coloured contact lenses?"

Seriously, if you have chocolate brown or cafe latte coloured skin, do you seriously think no one will doubt that your blue eyes are fake? Don't even get me started on grey and green! If you think I'm discriminating against dark skin people, I'm not. How could I? Since I'm dark skinned too. And I was born with dark, dark, dark brown/black eyes!

To me, people who wear totally unnatural coloured contact lenses are pretentious, fake and have a distorted sense of what looks good on them. Either they have low self esteem that they need to hide behind fake coloured eyes or they have an over-blown high self esteem where even looking like a brown version of Avatar can't shake their confidence that - "damn, I'm totally rockin' this look!"

Coco Chanel once said, "When accessorizing, always take off the last thing you put on".

If you're an unnatural coloured contacts junkie and you're dark skinned. Do yourself a favour. Please let that be your fakely coloured contacts.

~Anya~

4 comments:

Patsy Chong said...

LIKE.
:D

Anya said...

;D

Lilo said...

It so reminds me of the same colour-eyed couple! eeeeww :p

Anya said...

they inspired me to write this.. hehe...