Wednesday 24 March 2010

keepin mum...

My mom is in her fifties and has been a housewife for a long time now..
She used to work back in her twenties but after my younger brother was born, she stopped to take care of us.

When it comes to operating the washing machines, microwave, iron and other household modern appliances, she will diligently read the manual (which most of us Gen-Y people NEVER do) and follow the best practices.
This is a total reverse from my dad. He had the toughest time in trying to learn how to ON or OFF the telly or function the microwave.

Oddly, when it came to mobile phones, it was a different story alltogether...

For the longest time, she resisted mobile phone for herself. Whenever my dad or our phones used to ring and we would ask her to help pick it up, she used to panic and fumble on the buttons to press it. (by the time she found the 'green' button, it was always too late for the caller).

It took a lot of patience and time to finally teach her how to sms once she got the calling function right when she got her own phone sometime last year. (Yes, she finally relented).

But even then, sms from her was hard to come by...
Which brings me to the purpose of this blog...

** Preface: My mum's in India on extended stay while my sister and i headed back earlier. **

Nemo's Text to Mum Yesterday:
Tue, 9.35 AM: see if you can find the lilac accessory to match. If dun hav, its k.

Tue, 8.41 PM: I got employee of the quarter award in my dept today.. n got a laptop bag :)


Mum's Text to Nemo Today:
Wed, 1.36 PM: Congrats n now start to find a life partner.

(-_-!!) N.e.m.o

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha..that was too funny not to respond...

Patsy Chong said...

I LIKE YOUR MUM :)
Reminds me exactly of mine XD

Lilo said...

Lol.. that's classic :)

Anonymous said...

@Beast (if that was indeed you): surprise, surprise :P

@Patsy, Lilo: i think all moms are wired the same way somehow :P

N.e.m.o

Anonymous said...

First of all,i dont see why im called the Beast.You could be nicer.I think you should take lessons on being nice to me from Lilo.
Second of all,that wasnt me.It's someone else trying to impersonate me but unfortunately not doing too good of a job.He might be your "beast" ;)

Anonymous said...

ahaa, so its not u. thanks 4 clarifying.

as 4 the anon commenter, could be a one-off case of a genuine anon commenter. no biggie
someone trying to impersonate u? HAHAHAHA geez.. can anyone's head get any bigger than that? lol

as for the nickname, its a free world :)

*World Peace*
-N.e.m.o

Anonymous said...

You just call me a conceited fool and you ask for "world peace" ?
A bit hypocritical don't you think :P

Lilo said...

yay, a new war has started! lilo likes this...

nway my dearest anon, u r called "beast" bcos i am the "beauty" ;)

lol.. get it now? :)

Anonymous said...

conceited? yes.
a fool? now, that's where u dig ur own grave :)

Lilo, i think maybe we can nickname him CF too from now on since he self-labeled himself... LOL jeez.. some people, tsk, tsk

-N.e.m.o

Anonymous said...

Great! Now i got both girls after me..I feel highly sought after..

Anonymous said...

heights!

-N.e.m.o