Tuesday 7 January 2014

Love-hate yet again!



(Besides my mother) I have a love-hate relationship with my job.
There are days I’m all so pumped up (rare, but exist) and there are days I just can’t get it over with.
It’s mainly got to do with traveling (love) and teaching (hate).
When I’m home too long, I can’t wait to pack my bags, and I find myself saying yes to any opportunity anywhere. And then I’m somewhere, waking up alone in a hotel bed in the morning and thinking what the hell am I doing here.

I love that I get to travel and see all this amazing things around the world and I count my blessings.
I hate that, teaching some MEN from 9 to 5, is the most exhausting thing I have ever done.

I love that I have had such excited people to learn, who will go all out with their questions and suck me out dry.
I hate that, there are trainings, with clowns who refuse to talk, refuse to listen and make me feel like why the fck am I wasting my time with them

I love that they are people who come to me and thank me personally and tell me how grateful they are for my guidance.
I hate that they are some people so arrogant they don’t show any respect for me nor my training.

I love that I meet all this wonderful people, and people that care to keep in touch, even after years of meeting them or because I taught them something once.
I hate the ungrateful people who purposely give a very bad evaluation because they are just not happy with me, my company and the whole wide world.

I love that from teaching, I learn. Every single time I learn something new.
I hate that I have to learn so much to teach. Like enough studying already.

I love that I have the kindest boss in the whole wide world.
I hate that my boss is so damn nice. When I need her to be not nice.

I love that my colleagues are all so nice.
I hate that they wouldn’t stop speaking Chinese and make me feel like a dumbass most times.

It feels like I have learned so much and worked here forever. 3 years now. It also feels like there’s so much more to learn here.

So yeah, I’m indecisive; to stay or to move on.
They say time heals, does time tell?

Lilo





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is ever enough is it ;)
Women! :P

Lilo said...

If everything is always enough, you will never go far :P