Tuesday 19 November 2013

Lil brother!

I have a little brother.. I'm sure I have mentioned before.. In fact, I think wrote about him when I first started this blog, back in 2008.

Wow, time flies. That's more than 5 years since this blog has been up.

I digress. Just five years ago, my little brother was like a new born baby handed over in my hands. He had a terrible accident, where he almost lost his life, or maybe he did. Thank the mighty lord, he is alive today.

Not just alive actually, my little brother is getting married in the next couple of days.

I don't exactly know when he grew up. Or become what he is today. As he has always been my little brother. And I have been too happily playing the role of a big sister.

My brother and I share a special bond. My mom used to say I never left his side when he was born, although I am only slightly older than him. I put him to sleep singing songs for him, and he would happily eat everything I fed him.

As he grew up, I remember helping him with his homework. I gave him private tuitions. I shopped all his clothes. I make all his decisions. In short, he has always been my little brother that I look after.

He has been the sweetest thing in our family. The best to be bullied. And when we almost lost him six years ago, our worlds stopped.

Let's not go there. Point is, he is getting married in couple of days. Hopefully it wouldn't mean I'm losing my lil brother again. I know that might sound really childish and stupid, but really, you can't blame me.

For the very first time, in both our lives, he just said to me.. "Just answer my question, I don't need your suggestions!"

And my heart crashed.



iLilo

3 comments:

Anya said...

oh - I know how you would feel :( It's silly but we can't help it

N.e.m.o said...

:( :(

Hugs.
Boys are stoopidd. Nuff said.
Nothing like daughters and sisters.
That said, im sure your lil brother loves you loads. Wedding stress tu.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Awesome! He's grown up, maybe its time you should to ;)