Tuesday 15 January 2013

My birthday!

I know I am getting from bad to worse at this blog.. (I can blame someone for this :p)

Anyway, since it's (was) my birthday, I shall write my yearly birthday blog at least..

Its a 'no big deal day' for many, but I am one of those blessed ones that always get an extravagant birthday celebrations from friends, families and even colleagues without fail every year.. But for some reason, I wasn't in the mood to celebrate my birthday this year. So when an opportunity came by to travel during my birthday, I quickly grabbed it without thinking twice..

And for someone who didn't want to celebrate birthday this year, I had the longest birthday this time.. I had 24 + 8 hours of birthday, thanks to the time difference..

It was a very different experience.. No new clothes, no special gifts or surprises, no good food and I pretty much did nothing.. It was a quiet, yet pleasant birthday.. I guess, I have finally learnt that, it's not how far or near you are, it's the people you have in your life that makes all the difference..

Had so many wishes coming in throughout the whole day, from every corner of the world, thanks to fb..

And I even got a slice of birthday cake, thanks to my housemate, a Chinese colleague who has been avoiding me for few days thinking I'm a Muslim (don't ask me why)..

So I guess, if you are born blessed, you just got to learn to live with it ;)


Lilo

3 comments:

Anya said...

You may be far, but you're still dear to so many people :)

Anonymous said...

Awww....Its about time though that you learn, to grow up ;)

Lilo said...

Don't you know - growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional? :p


Anya, hugs! <3