Tuesday 20 November 2012

The keys of trust

Situation: The cleaning lady that came in the morning accidentally locked the master bathroom from the inside. When checked with the husband on where he's kept the keys, he assured me it's in his desk drawer in the third room - which of course I couldn't locate when I went looking for it.

So now, the husband is rummaging through all the drawers in the house looking for the full set of our house keys. He's even taking out all the boxes from the store room with the mad hope that maybe the keys lost themselves somewhere in there.

Rewind to a few months ago..

Me: Where you keeping the house keys?

Him: In the last room lah, in the drawer

Me: Hmm, where? Cannot find..

Him: It's there lah.. [exasperated at all the questioning]

If there's one thing the girls and me know, men hate it when we make them feel like we don't trust them - in matters big or small. So to avoid an argument earlier, I kept quiet.

So that brings me here now, watching silently the hunt for the keys. In my mind, thoughts are racing, fighting to be vocalised - You should have given it to me to keep in the first place. How can you be so careless as to loose the house keys? What if it was the baby was accidentally locked into the room?

But I suppress all of them and say instead - Does the landlady have another set?

It turns out she did and she was kind enough to drop by last night with her set of keys for us to make a duplicate.

This time I'm keeping the keys.

Men complain all the time that women nag them but seriously, all you men out there should be thankful for all the times that you deserve to be nagged but we women spare you.

~Anya~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Et tu, Anya?

N.e.m.o said...

GRRRRR situation indeed.
So does that mean u were locked out of your room for the whole day?

Anya said...

No babe,just the bathroom..luckily! Beast, just stating a fact:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the key was moved by not him. We don't forget where we put things.People tend to sabotage us ;)

Anya said...

If that's what you want to believe. Not going to argue with you when I know I'm right :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.