Wednesday 26 September 2012

Found my calling..

Have you ever had this moment, when you hear someone/something calling out your name, without actually calling your name?

So I had this moment at Dubai Airport the other day.. I was innocently walking around looking for coffee and wifi, when I heard something calling out my name without actually saying my name.. I ignored it at first.. But I kept hearing it loud.. When I turned around, I could only catch the word "Burberry" on my sight..

I toughened myself, tried to ignore the calling.. But after three back n forth walking around, I became weaker.. I had to go acknowledge the calling.. Cos it just didn't stop..

When I entered the shop, everything finally made sense.. I found my calling! There it was, the most beautiful thing ever, sitting there watching me from the shelf.. Giving me an evil grin! Aaargh!!

One look at it, I knew I'll never afford it.. But I couldn't walk out on it either.. After deliberating for a bit, I thought I should at least find out how much it was worth.. So I braced myself and took a step closer.. I just wanted to see the price and walk out immediately..

Before I could even touch it, I saw a small key chain on sale next to it.. That had a clearer price tag.. It said USD $300!!

I stopped right there.. Quickly turned around and walked away.. Before the actual cost of "my calling" can break my heart!

Bought my coffee and shed a little tear.. And flew back trying not to think about it :(

And failed miserably, of course!

Lilo









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what would have happened if you answered your calling. Do you think the credit card company will be calling you after that?? ;)

Lilo said...

very smart :p