Thursday 11 August 2011

Cockscrew

What a roller coaster ride the last couple of months have been!

It's been a month at the new job and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. However I'm not sure how long it'll take for me to get used to waking up before 6 a.m. everyday, no flexi-hours and crawling through the traffic jams. Those are definitely the things I miss from my old job.


All that aside, the craziest scariest most-hormone-overdosed most wonderful thing has happened to me.

I'm pregnant!

It's still feels really strange to say that although I'm nearing the end of the 1st trimester. I'm waiting for the intense joy and contentment to happen but thus far every little change in my body has either caused me to be worried or in denial. However it's been comforting to know I'm not the only one who feels this way, judging from the number of forums and blogs by first time mummies-to-be. They assured me that the 2nd trimester will be better.

Despite the worrying and the tiredness and the bloating and the occasional nausea, seeing my tiny baby doing water-acrobatics on the ultrasound made it all worth it. Ok, ok, I know I sound like a typical sappy pregnant lady so I shall stop - for now.

~Anya with a baby-bump~


3 comments:

Lilo said...

I still cant believe u gonna be a mother!!!! but so happy for u, n cant wait to see ur actual bump ;p

Anya said...

Neither can I! haha .. I'm waiting for a nice bump too..right now it just looks like I ate an entire buffet spread ;P

N.e.m.o said...

that's an awww-inducing article babe! You'll be having plenty of that moments in the coming weeks i guess hehe