Wednesday 2 March 2011

Day #4 Shenzhen – Expect the unexpected


Yesterday was a wild day… Not that I did anything naughty, but I did everything that I will never do under any normal circumstances if I was still in Malaysia…

First – Out of desperateness for coffee, I actually stole a mug! Like seriously… and some coffee packets too…. But of course I rationalized probably it’s just some left behind mug etc, but only to find out later that the owner is in fact still around.. So now I’m feeling guilty like ever, and for some reason I am not in mood for coffee today….

Second – I actually allowed two strangers, whom I just accidentally bumped into, guys, who happen to be Malaysian Indians, to buy me lunch… I don’t know for what reason… I wonder why I can never trust/get along with people so easily like that when we are both in our own country… it’s amazing how I actually had conversation with them and shared phone numbers…

P/s: if you don’t already know by now, I am (or at least back in Malaysia, I was) people-phobic... I really am/was… when I see a group of my colleagues going into a lift; I purposely walk slow and skip the lift just to avoid having a conversation with them...

Third – I finally met and had a very nice dinner with my “online chat buddy” for the past 2-3 years in Shenzhen. Btw, he’s also a Malaysian. Like weird right? And this is one guy who have tried so hard to meet me for the longest time and I never agreed for again don’t know what reason… We used to work in the same area, btw... So yeah, and that went very well and I had good fun… it’s also funny to think how the world now has become so small and one should never give up! Haha…

Fourth – I actually gave directions in CHINESE (and lots of sign languages) to a taxi driver to take me back to my hotel quite late at night. And guess what, it was a smooth journey and I reached safely ;)

So yeah, the day was crazy, adventurous and full of unexpected experiences!


Lilo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the throwing of the "ego" out the window and a great time comes your way