Wednesday 4 July 2012

Tots

I remember when we first started this blog..we were smack in the middle of our quarter-life crisis. The working world was a rude shock, compared to our comfy university life. Living with Indian parents again after being independent for 4 - 5 years, took some major getting used to. Only being able to meet a couple of times a month due to work and family commitments, we missed each other and this blog became an avenue to vent and to bond.

And now I can hardly believe almost 6 years has gone by. With it, our crisises has evolved and doesn't involve the bitch at the office or curfews by parents. These days, we're moaning about parents who think the world will end if we're not married by 30, once you're married they don't waste any time hinting about grandchildren, once the grandkid arrives they start talking about the next grandkid...and on and on it goes. I do wonder if it's just Indian parents or are all parents the same.

What's the rush actually? If I don't enjoy the here and now, I'll never be able to enjoy what comes next. Yes, I'm guilty of marrying and having a child before the age of 30 but I was happy even when I was single. So marriage and a baby wasn't the magic fairy dust that suddenly transformed me from a sad, miserable person into a happy and contented one. Sadly, our parents' generation don't see things this way. So for our generation, it's constantly the tug of war of how to keep both our parents and ourselves happy.

Our quarter-life crisis has passed and we're entering our 30's crisis (for lack of a better word) but together my dear Pinkscalers', we'll make it through. We will always have each other and this blog.

xoxo,
Anya



2 comments:

Lilo said...

Aww, Anya! I miss you so much! :(

N.e.m.o said...

Hey is it just me or the blog changed template! lol

anyway, good blog Anya... much needed at this juncture we are on.... Life as we know it, has changed for you and for some of us soon.... Lets see where destiny takes us. Hope we all fare well and SURVIVE !!!